Busy Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CaipirinhaQuinho

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else starting to get a very cramped schedule? I'm still trying to take some courses, and my upcoming interview schedule is killing me. I know I shouldn't be complaining about this, but I was wondering if everyone is planning on attending every interview they are invited to. How do you go about declining an interview, if that's even an option?
 
civic57 said:
Is anyone else starting to get a very cramped schedule? I'm still trying to take some courses, and my upcoming interview schedule is killing me. I know I shouldn't be complaining about this, but I was wondering if everyone is planning on attending every interview they are invited to. How do you go about declining an interview, if that's even an option?

I know how you feel, I have four MD/PhD interviews and five MD interviews (more or less fall backs if I don't get into an MSTP) in the next 8 weeks. It is absolutely rediculous.

My biggest hope is that one of the MD/PhD programs I interview at (Rochester, do you hear me?) will accept me on October 15. That way, I can withdraw from 75% of the schools I am applying at and just go for the super big dream schools.

Oh, and no... don't feel bad about declining interviews. I have already withdrawn at 4 schools that I was invited to interview at. Boston for one considering that they don't provide funding for the MD years of the MD/PhD, which I didn't realize when applying.
 
izibo said:
Boston for one considering that they don't provide funding for the MD years of the MD/PhD, which I didn't realize when applying.


They don't?! Oh snap. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thundrstorm said:
They don't?! Oh snap. :laugh:


LOL...that was my main reason for not going to BU, plus I did research there for 3 yr & knew the program sucked 😛

Anyway, we've all been through the peak of interview season, so try to prioritize the schools and schedule the less-favored ones later in the winter. When I was interviewing, I actually cancelled all interviews after Xmas b/c by then I had positive news from earlier interviews.

Relax, this is a great position to be in! Good luck 🙂
 
mdphd2b said:
LOL...that was my main reason for not going to BU, plus I did research there for 3 yr & knew the program sucked 😛

yea, the not paying for med school part really sucks. i was thinking about applying there since i did my undergrad there and knew some great faculty for PhD in BME, but i would be dead broke after finishing the program.