-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Butler University
Started by kmachiavelli
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
2
216168
Buck Futler!
fair enough.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed there on Jan. 17 and was accepted as a transfer student on Jan. 30. The interview day is pretty short, yet informative. The interview itself is also not that bad as the interviewers seem to be more interested in getting to know you. One of the biggest positives about Butler University is the campus, which looks very historic, as well as its very close proximity to downtown Indianapolis. Also, the school is in the process of constructing an entirely new building with new labs and lecture rooms, which will actually be joined with the current pharmacy and health sciences building. The only downside to the school, IMO, is the high tuition costs, but that goes without saying because Butler is a private pharmacy college.
Thanks Solydus. I appreciate your response because there's little to no information on Butler's website, and it seems that not very many people applied/interviewed there.
Thanks Solydus. I appreciate your response because there's little to no information on Butler's website, and it seems that not very many people applied/interviewed there.
I guess one of the reasons for this is because their pharmacy college is primarily a six-year program in which undergraduate students attend normal college classes during their first two years and then enter into the professional phase of the pharmacy college during their junior year. Butler accepts very few transfer students like myself (people who have previously attended college and/or have a degree).
So, are you going to interview there? I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have. 🙂
What's the average age of students enrolled in this program? I tried looking it up on aacp website, but they don't have it recorded for Butler. I know that most of their students are on the 6 year program track and only a few are "transfers" or entering the 4 year program.
What's the average age of students enrolled in this program? I tried looking it up on aacp website, but they don't have it recorded for Butler. I know that most of their students are on the 6 year program track and only a few are "transfers" or entering the 4 year program.
I called admissions the other day, and they said they have about 25 seats for "transfers" -- the number might change depending how their own 0-6 students do. If more drop out and don't make the cut, then more seats will be open for transfers. Hope that helps.
I called admissions the other day, and they said they have about 25 seats for "transfers" -- the number might change depending how their own 0-6 students do. If more drop out and don't make the cut, then more seats will be open for transfers. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the clarification. I was under the impression that there were less than 25 seats for transfers.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone interviewing for Butler's Pharmacy School this year? I am nervous for the interview and was wondering if anyone remembered any of the questions that were asked that were tricky?
Welcome to SDN wildcatpharmacy. 🙂
There is an interview feedback tool here you may wish to check: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/
Also, we have a forum for school-specific threads just so interviewees can meet: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=714 On first glance, I didn't see a thread for this cycle, so you may wish to make one. 😎
There is an interview feedback tool here you may wish to check: http://studentdoctor.net/schools/
Also, we have a forum for school-specific threads just so interviewees can meet: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=714 On first glance, I didn't see a thread for this cycle, so you may wish to make one. 😎
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 5K