Butterfly Imaging

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeratinPearls

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pathologist here. Was wondering what you guys thought about this company? Game changer? Has anyone ever tried it?

Founded in 2011, Butterfly Network produces the Butterfly iQ, which it says is an ultrasound transducer that can perform whole-body imaging with a single handheld probe using semiconductor technology.

Currently, $13 a share with early investors being the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

454F1094-751D-44DD-AC7C-3A8EFEB19F82.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is really for anesthesia workflow more than anything. Quick block pics for billing in periop and a few other quick US tricks.

I don't know of any radiologist who has tried this. They market to people who haven't used ultrasound before or use ultrasound casually.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know some radiologists who have one. It’s more for fun/self diagnosis than anything. I don’t know anyone using it in a professional capacity. I suspect the company wants to market it to consumers, but that’s not currently legal.

I know some radiologists who have one. It’s more for fun/self diagnosis than anything. I don’t know anyone using it in a professional capacity. I suspect the company wants to market it to consumers, but that’s not currently legal.
As I said previously, anesthesiologists use it. Obviously not made for radiologists haha.

Reactions: 1 user