China and Eastern Asia Buying Books in Asia

Started by deleted59964
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted59964

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I'm an Australian med student - books here seem pretty expensive I'm just wondering if books are cheaper in asia.

Excuse my ignorance, but do you use English versions of your texts or are there local editions (I can only speak english 😳 )

For comparison, I tend to buy from

http://www.sppbooks.com.au

prices are in Australian Dollars

I plan on being in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam in December, so could shop there?

Thanks !!!
 
JobsFan said:
Hi everyone, I'm an Australian med student - books here seem pretty expensive I'm just wondering if books are cheaper in asia.

Excuse my ignorance, but do you use English versions of your texts or are there local editions (I can only speak english 😳 )

For comparison, I tend to buy from

http://www.sppbooks.com.au

prices are in Australian Dollars

I plan on being in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam in December, so could shop there?

Thanks !!!


-I've heard that buying med books in asia will be cheaper than those bought in the western countires because the lack of copyright laws in some asian countries. try philippines.. coz they use english text books..
 
well ! i think it`s english all opver asia !btw i`m from india & we do have our syllabus in english . As far as the cost is concerned books r very cheap here as compared to westren countries & this is not neccesarily due to violation of copy right acts ! e.g.-- harrison costs 2800 / Rupees here ( latest edition ) . which i think is almost three times less than USA .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nokia said:
well ! i think it`s english all opver asia !btw i`m from india & we do have our syllabus in english . As far as the cost is concerned books r very cheap here as compared to westren countries & this is not neccesarily due to violation of copy right acts ! e.g.-- harrison costs 2800 / Rupees here ( latest edition ) . which i think is almost three times less than USA .

Wow, 1/3rd of the price of the US - our books are slightly more expensive than the US, but not worth the cost/inconvenience of buying online. Now if some enterprising sole was to set up a business selling texts - that could be interesting 😎

Failing that, is there anyone on the forum from Thailand, Vietnam or Cambodia that could give me contact details for an appropriate bookshop?