buying the DAT destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbravo12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

So I'm studying for the DATs with Kaplan this summer, planning on taking it around early September, and I'm also interested in buying this DAT destroyer book. It sounds ridiculously, incredibly amazing!! I've never been excited to buy a study book.. kinda weird.

Anywho, I was wondering.. is this book updated every month? If so, when exactly is the best time for me to purchase it? considering I'm planning to take the test near the end of summer. And I'm also wondering if I should buy a used one because it's quite pricey as well, and of course that depends on knowing when the updates are made. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

So I'm studying for the DATs with Kaplan this summer, planning on taking it around early September, and I'm also interested in buying this DAT destroyer book. It sounds ridiculously, incredibly amazing!! I've never been excited to buy a study book.. kinda weird.

Anywho, I was wondering.. is this book updated every month? If so, when exactly is the best time for me to purchase it? considering I'm planning to take the test near the end of summer. And I'm also wondering if I should buy a used one because it's quite pricey as well, and of course that depends on knowing when the updates are made. Thank you!

The updates are always being made. Usually there are updates once a month if it's the same as last year. I would buy a new book when you near the end of your "re-learning." Use the Destroyer to fine tune concepts that you possibly could have missed...it's a great tool if used correctly. hope that helps!

The book gets updates i think every couple of months. I just recently got the book, 2 weeks ago and my version was the latest which was updated in Spring of 08. I think most likely the next update will be in the Fall.

So if i was you i would get it now seeing as how you are taking the exam early fall. If you do Kaplan OChem you will realize that OChem on Destroyer is a little more challenging. At least that's what i thought. I study with Kaplan and Destroyer hand in hand. Both books are great and i think are good study materials along with Achiever.

I would recommend the following study materials are a must for DATs:
1) DAT Destroyer
2) Achiever
3) Kaplan

Thanks guys. Yea according to Nancy Steen, co-owner of the website, the next update will be made in fall. So I shall be purchasing it ASAP.

..and thanks topdent.. for yourr analogolisms