Bye Bye SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldpro

MS IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to You all I'm through with SDN, I have posted many times how much I do not like this site and I tried to get along here and be one of the Sane ones, but the recent postings have done it for me, When a fellow Medical student or premed comes on here and threatens another for posting an opinion its enough for me, I have been attacked and because I choose a name it is assumed I'm someone else so thats it, time to forget this site and move on. There are other sites I can discuss things without being worried about being attacked.

Good Luck and God's speed hope you get the truth when asked for.:luck: :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to You all I'm through with SDN, I have posted many times how much I do not like this site and I tried to get along here and be one of the Sane ones, but the recent postings have done it for me, When a fellow Medical student or premed comes on here and threatens another for posting an opinion its enough for me, I have been attacked and because I choose a name it is assumed I'm someone else so thats it, time to forget this site and move on. There are other sites I can discuss things without being worried about being attacked.

Good Luck and God's speed hope you get the truth when asked for.:luck: :cool:

After I read this post, I scanned over some of the arguments and threats that have been flying around this forum.......it is crazy......and very entertaining. I had no idea about the soap-opera stuff that was going on in here.........I love it.:love:

Sorry to see you go, oldpro. I just hope you weren't bullied out. You have to remember that SDN is supposed to be fun and lighthearted. Using SDN for advice is often worthless because it is so subjective/biased, but that's part of the game, baby.:thumbup: Also, most attacks can be effectively counter-attacked with a "your mom" joke. That s@#t works.

BTW, if you want to see some real hardcore propaganda, venture out of the carribean forum over to OB/GYN, and read a grip of residents desperately trying to convince potential applicants that they're happy with their decision........

If there has been a problem, sorry it hasn't been noticed. We have so many posts of volume that sometimes things get missed. If any post arouses grief and suspicion, please notify the moderator of these forums (ie. me) via pm. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll respond here since they closed the thread I wanted to respond to. I'm sorry to see you go oldpro; I really like your contribution to this site. I hope you will re-consider. No ones deserves to be threatened for simply expressing their opinions. Best wishes!:)

Now, what is the deal with closing the valumd sucks thread. Valuemcrap does suck! This sounds a lot like the valumcrap site. People come on here to talk freely about whatever is on thier mind. This is a public forum, yet you are regulating what can and cannot be talked about. You cannot have it both ways. You are either a public forum welcoming free expression, or you are not. We see right through your tactic, and it sucks. Let folks talk about whatever they want. What is it to you? If you do not like the thread, then do not read it. How is the thread hurting you? No offense to you folks; regulation bothers me. I understand you want to maintain some control, especially since it is your website. But, without us, you have no website.

This is a public forum, yet you are regulating what can and cannot be talked about. You cannot have it both ways. You are either a public forum welcoming free expression, or you are not. We see right through your tactic, and it sucks. Let folks talk about whatever they want.

I hate to break it to you, but this forum is privately owned. And, someone is making money off of it, too. So, if they have *****s running around making this place unattractive for new members, they lose advertisers, and in turn they lose the extra cash this place generates for them. So, yeah...its a private board and free speech doesn't apply here :)

First, I"m not a *****. Second, it is a public forum. We can post whatever we want. I'm telling my opinion based on my experiences, nothing wrong with that. :)

Besdies, I may even decide to donate to this website, as long as they continue to allow us to express ourselves freely.

Look I'm upset and came back to read here and logged on, to leave is voluntary and I know this site is not dedicated to truth, but I like to post my opion honestly and will admit I'm wrong when proven, it's called human and honor, honor is something lost now adays, I like to think I have it. Honor and honesty, so I may post again but I'm in 3rd semester and these classes are killing me ( yea I'm passing but I want to do well) so I do not have the time for grief here. I may just take a long vacation now? like a month we will see as far as SMU I'm out of it, not scared mind you just not worth it you can read my old posts on what my opinion is and what I know, if it's wrong so be it then I'm wrong, i have no stake in that school mind you, I go to another caribbean school. You can ask me about SJSM I will try to tell you straight, not the 5th Caribbean or the 6th? But a legit ok school with yes some problems we all do though right?

First, I"m not a *****. Second, it is a public forum. We can post whatever we want. I'm telling my opinion based on my experiences, nothing wrong with that. :)

Besdies, I may even decide to donate to this website, as long as they continue to allow us to express ourselves freely.
I didn't call you a *****. It was a general statement.

And, it is a private forum :)

edit: In fact, its private at least two times over. Once for the board owner and once again for the web host.

Ok, my mistake. I misunderstood your post; please accept my apologies. You may be absolutely right with regards to this website. I was under the impression that it was in fact a public forum. If they are going to regulate my postings, which thus far they have not (and I appreciate that), then I will find another forum. I may even create my own one day. Then I know people will be able to express themselves freely because I will own it.

Ok, my mistake. I misunderstood your post; please accept my apologies. You may be absolutely right with regards to this website. I was under the impression that it was in fact a public forum. If they are going to regulate my postings, which thus far they have not (and I appreciate that), then I will find another forum. I may even create my own one day. Then I know people will be able to express themselves freely because I will own it.

WHY WASTE TIME BYE

thanks for your help. good luck! :)
I may stick around a while longer, but the SMU crowd is giving me crap for posting about the school, so I said all I'm going to say, see if the trolls lay off.

One keeps posting I'm someone else from VMD. LOL No way all because I argue some on here! SO what no one on SDN argues ever?

Man tell the truth and tell it like it is! :cool:

I may stick around a while longer, but the SMU crowd is giving me crap for posting about the school, so I said all I'm going to say, see if the trolls lay off.

One keeps posting I'm someone else from VMD. LOL No way all because I argue some on here! SO what no one on SDN argues ever?

Man tell the truth and tell it like it is! :cool:

whats your real name

whats your real name

For obvious reasons I'm not posting my Full name on SDN
sorry.

there's enough personal attacks here already.

Like I said, I said enough about SMU, if I would have posted "I LUV SMU" then you would have never attacked.:cool:

It's enough that I'm a medstudent at SJSM, I do not in anyway think it is the best out of all the caribbean schools and know who is the best, and wish to have posting conversations about the different schools and learn from them and post what I know and opinion. I do know people at SMU and I know you are not one of them. I know students at Ross and SGU and some stateside. Too.

I will be honest, the reason we do not post our names is so we can be free to say what we think without being afraid of posting it. But it seems to drive some people nuts to not know who some one is. So they try to find out.

BTW good contest here, see who will get on top with this? I wont give in you should just let it go.

Some of us don't post our names because we don't want you all applying to our fellowship when you get a few more years covered.

www.georgiapainphysicians.com

When you get up the hill a little further, you get a bit more knowlege, a bit more understanding of the politics, and a lot less caring about who you may offend along the way.

oldpro- just lurk for a while...

Well I may be wrong about SDN after all? There may be some good people here after all.

Asking for personal information on this site is not condoned and repeated attempts will be construed as harassment of an SDN member. We would like to remind all our members to remain civil to one another if differences in opinion arise, and supportive regarding everyone's universal goal of ultimately becoming a physician/health professional.

Don't let them get to you. Focous on 3rd semister. There are lots of egos in medicine and most of the people in here are very young.

Some of us don't post our names because we don't want you all applying to our fellowship when you get a few more years covered.

www.georgiapainphysicians.com

When you get up the hill a little further, you get a bit more knowlege, a bit more understanding of the politics, and a lot less caring about who you may offend along the way.

oldpro- just lurk for a while...
ditto this oldpro.

And for those of you that seem to have a reading comprehension problem, you agree to uphold the TOS of this website (and if you post on VMD, you agree to that one too) so if you are in violation don't get all whiney and piss and moan that you got spanked-deal with it.

oldpro-here's a guinnes in your honour (and not the crap they brew down here, the real stuff)

Yes I'm sorry I let these threats and behavior get to me, I was studying for exams and I guess I was just worn out and I do not really like to fight.

Fact is that most of these Caribbean schools have a down side to them. I wish I could of went to one of the big four just couldn't I'm too old and time was pressing in so I went to one that had the right stuff ( WHO ECMFG and IMED) and things are going ok. as far as telling others about the schools and choices yeah I like to tell them to look at these schools and I tell what I have found out through my own research as a "heads up" what to look for and what to research for.

Everyone is safest at one of the Big 4 ( SGU, AUC. ROSS or SABA) if you go to others then there are things to consider. Some people do not want us to post the negative about the schools. I think that is cheerleading and wrong, you should be willing to talk about the strengths and weaknesses open and not try to hide the bad stuff.

No secrete I go to ST. James not one of the big 4, it has some drawbacks bit is up and coming, there has been a lot of progress in a positive direction but yeah there are still weak areas too and I will admit to those feely as I should.

St. James should not be the 1st choice school I would always say to try the big 4 first. :luck:

Yes I'm sorry I let these threats and behavior get to me, I was studying for exams and I guess I was just worn out and I do not really like to fight.

Fact is that most of these Caribbean schools have a down side to them. I wish I could of went to one of the big four just couldn't I'm too old and time was pressing in so I went to one that had the right stuff ( WHO ECMFG and IMED) and things are going ok. as far as telling others about the schools and choices yeah I like to tell them to look at these schools and I tell what I have found out through my own research as a "heads up" what to look for and what to research for.

Everyone is safest at one of the Big 4 ( SGU, AUC. ROSS or SABA) if you go to others then there are things to consider. Some people do not want us to post the negative about the schools. I think that is cheerleading and wrong, you should be willing to talk about the strengths and weaknesses open and not try to hide the bad stuff.

No secrete I go to ST. James not one of the big 4, it has some drawbacks bit is up and coming, there has been a lot of progress in a positive direction but yeah there are still weak areas too and I will admit to those feely as I should.

St. James should not be the 1st choice school I would always say to try the big 4 first. :luck:
Yeah, we do have our drawbacks OP. And remember these two things: It's almost the end of the term, and secondly (in the words of my mentor) "...and remember, if it gets really bad, there's always tequila..." ;)