c-arm size

Started by NHDO
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NHDO

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have experience with a modified c-arm (somewhere between mini- and standard)?

My partner and I (both hospital-employed) are looking to offer more joint procedures (IA shoulder, hip, and genicular blocks) in the office setting and I would prefer fluoro over US. This would open up more time spine and complex procedures for the hospital ASC. I was looking into something that may accommodate these procedures, but without the radiation and overhead (and without the bells and whistles needed for the hospital). Our orthopedic group currently has a procedural space for a mini c-arm (hand procedures), so I was thinking of co-opting the space.

Anyone in the same boat? Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd prefer use of fluoro over US given familiarity, reassurance with contrast pattern etc. I did not realize the fluoro use in-office is more than in hospital - not that would matter in my position.