C in calculus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmp12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm in second year of college
I got into a car accident at the beginning of the school year and was diagnosed to have disc on my neck and back. After the accident, I suffered from the pain. It was really hard for me to continue with education. But then, I tried my best and did pretty well in other classes except calculus. I'm on the borderline of B and C. I current have 3.5. Should I take the final and risk the chance of getting C or not take the final and get F and retake the course. I'm really close to getting a C, so taking the final would put me in a greak risk. I already received a W from calculus before so this is my second time taking it.
I never enjoyed math. Even though I try, it is hard for me..:mad:
What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Take the C and do better next series. 2 Ws = 6 C's. so let it ride.

Take the final get a C is much better than an F. You still have time to make up for that with other science classes and getting A on those will bring your GPA right up!!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely take the final and get a C. If there were a W option I'd consider taking a W, but if you're choosing between an F and a C then C is definitely the better choice because an F is so detrimental to your GPA. Your overall GPA is one of the first things adcoms will see, so you want it to be as high as possible.

You should def go for the C. When AADSAS calculates your GPA they will count both the F and the new grade so it will destroy your GPA. I learned this the hard way. Also, since you withdrew from the class once already you really want to try and avoid bringing additional attention to it by taking an F. Just finish it out, move on, and do well in you future classes. Everyone has a tough subject and in this case you have other reasons that you can use in your interview if they ask about it. Good luck

I agree with everyone, take the C and move on. Everyone has a class that they struggle with and adcom knows that.

Study hard and try your best you may end up with a B especially if you talk to the teacher. That or a C is a hell of a lot better than an F. Get an F and kiss your d-school dreams goodbye. A C is a lot easier to perform damage control on.

hope you feel better

thanks for the input guys
I'm gonna give my best shot at the final to get a B
if not I can still make it up in my next 2 yrs of college
hopefully i ace the final
wish me a luck :D