C in Chem, what should I do?

Started by km08032
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

km08032

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I got a C in one of my Chem classes, but I have a 3.79 overall, a 3.5ish science, and a 4.0 in my major classes(I know they don't really look at this but my major is exercise science, so it's actually related to PT, and I feel like it shows that I'm actually interested in this material). Should I say something about it in the question asking about if you think your GPA reflects what you're capable of?
 
Should I say something about it in the question asking about if you think your GPA reflects what you're capable of?

Unless there was some very special circumstance that caused this C, like a volcano erupted and made it so you had to walk thru lava to get to class, then no I wouldn't mention it.

You shouldn't put anything in that box unless some external force out of your control influenced your grades. Definitely not mitigating qualities.
 
I agree with the poster above. Short of some life altering event that caused that grade, don't fill anything in there. For example, I had to use it because of 2 bad semesters in a row during a time my brother had some serious health issues & I withdrew from nearly all my courses to help him. I wasn't making excuses, but I felt they needed to know there was a significant reason for the sudden anomaly in grades.

One C isn't going to make or break you.