C in chemistry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moldovanits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
did anyone get into the dental schools with c''s on transcript in chem1 and 2 :confused::confused:thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

did anyone get into the dental schools with c''s on transcript in chem1 and 2 :confused::confused:thank you guys!

I've known many people with those types of grades that have gotten into dental school. Don't worry about what you've got.. focus on what you're doing now!

Marion

I've known many people with those types of grades that have gotten into dental school. Don't worry about what you've got.. focus on what you're doing now!

Marion

thanks man sometimes i feel discouraged because of those grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed, my friend being one, as long as your grades are going up and you're showing improvement it's not fair for them to judge you on what you WERE like

I got a B in chem I and C in chem II. I retook chem II and got an A. Dont worry about old grades as long as you improve on them. Retake and do better, or just do better on your future courses and u should be ok.

make sure your DATs well make up for it. If not, retake the DAT and you should be ok.

Oh my G-d C's, your road to dental school has surely ended!!!

best of luck!

Don't worry, I had two c's (calc I and calc II) and got into my #1 and #2 choice schools. However, those were early on and after that i nearly had straight A's. People have bad semesters because people are people. If you do have C's, bust your ass to show the comittees that not only were those bad grades flukes but that you can handle the harder classes and a more difficult workload.

yes...you can have C's...in fact I had 3 C's in science courses, had average DAT scores...but had good LORs, personal statement, and showed significant improvement over my last semesters...it was the reason I took a year off, but still managed to get 7 interviews w/ 2 acceptances...so believe me, it can and DOES happen.

I had one 4credit C, one 4 credit F.

retook the classes (chem 1 and calc 1) and got B+ and A-.

sGPA now, 3.11. overall is 3.46. i've gotten in the rest of my science classes on average somehwere between 3.4 and 3.7. those past grades aren't very forgiving on the GPA.

applied to 10 schools, 5 interviews, 1 acceptance.

22 on the dat thanks to kaplan.