C in O-chemI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ApplicantPharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a C in O-chem I and Gen-chem I...Do I have any chance of getting accepted into a pharmacy school???????

Members don't see this ad.

Are your other grades good? I think if you are well-rounded with experience, PCAT score, and your GPA is decent...you should be okay. However, if these grades put you on a low GPA scale, you should consider retaking the courses. I think most schools either average our your grades (like getting a C and then an A will get you a B) or some might take the higher grade after you took the second time (but the C will still be in your overall GPA)

I think you should be fine if you get A's and B's in all of your other classes and have a good PCAT score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree a C here and there should not hurt you if the rest of your grades are solid. We all have a bad term. Just be well rounded and you should be good to go!

Rest of my grades are fine....ive a bs degree in biotech and have a gpa of ~3.4...havent taken PCAT yet..will take it in june...working in clinical research...lots of volunteer hrs at a hospital...trying to find a job in pharmacy...

I enrolled in Calculus I two years ago and got an A. When I changed my major, I had to take Calculus II this semester, and it's likely I will get a C. This is at a CC BTW.

Would explaining my situation help the pharmacy schools understand what happened?

Last edited:
I got plenty of C's for my prereqs (Bio I & II, O-Chem I & II, Physiology, Biochem...) and already got into Pharmacy school. Just keep up your grades for the other classes.

Which school did u get into?

I am thinking of retaking a class..which one shld i take?????gen-chem or
o-chem as i have C in both???

I got a D in gen chem I, took it again and got an A+, got a C in org chem I and C in bio I and i already got in to a pharmacy school and have another interview this week. just work hard in your other classes and have extracurricular activities where you volunteer. I think you'll be fine, just don't give up.

I got a D in gen chem I, took it again and got an A+, got a C in org chem I and C in bio I and i already got in to a pharmacy school and have another interview this week. just work hard in your other classes and have extracurricular activities where you volunteer. I think you'll be fine, just don't give up.

Thanks....i dont have a pharmacy experience....do u think i shld start working at a pharmacy lik walgreens or CVS? I am working as a clinical research coordinator...and also have lots of volunteer hrs at a hospital...

Thanks....i dont have a pharmacy experience....do u think i shld start working at a pharmacy lik walgreens or CVS? I am working as a clinical research coordinator...and also have lots of volunteer hrs at a hospital...

yes try and get some pharmacy experience, even at the hospital where you volunteer, you can shadow a pharmacist there like once a week.

I got plenty of C's for my prereqs (Bio I & II, O-Chem I & II, Physiology, Biochem...) and already got into Pharmacy school. Just keep up your grades for the other classes.

are you effin serious? like someone asked, what school was this? they accepted you with all those science C's? my goodness! you must have shined in other areas thuogh. gives me hope since i have 3 sceince C's and one D.

That is awesome that you were able o get in with all those Cs, you must have had a great application outside that. My admissions counselor told me grades aren't everything but before I applied she recommended I get the C in stats and physics I off my record and make them As. Since she "recommended" it, I obeyed and in the end everything turned out well.

C's won't kill you as long as you have other grades to make up for it.

I got a 3.6 gpa with 160 credits of undergrad work, i know its alot :)
I got a C in organic I, my other C was in roman history, other then that i got B's and A's

I got into a pharmacy school. Just make sure u have other solid grades.

I am thinking of retaking a class..which one shld i take?????gen-chem or
o-chem as i have C in both???

Guess it depends on which one you'd rather go through again... Gen-chem would probably be easier but I think O-Chem would be more helpful in the long run with things like the PCAT (and may look better to the adcoms, too).

Just my $.02

C's won't kill you as long as you have other grades to make up for it.

I got a 3.6 gpa with 160 credits of undergrad work, i know its alot :)
I got a C in organic I, my other C was in roman history, other then that i got B's and A's

I got into a pharmacy school. Just make sure u have other solid grades.

C's arent' the end of the world. While it's generally considered worse for prereqs that for others, if you can stay solid in other areas Math/Bio if Chem is a problem, you should do okay.

FYI, So far, C in PChem I, C+ in PChem II, D in Intro to Vis Arts (2x), C in World History I. Fortunately none in prereqs, we'll see how my Molecular and Micro classes go. 3 interviews, no acceptances (yet).