C- in Physics Applying This Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JacobLMDorDO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question:

I am applying to DO schools this cycle but have a C- in physics. I plan on retaking the class next semester, and am listing that on my AACOMAs application.
Will they automatically reject my application, or allow me to proceed provisionally? I know that Touro NY/CA both say they will, but the other schools don't mention anything about provisional admission.

Should I proceed like normal, and then wait and see? I would submit my application around June 20th...

OR

Should I retake the second semester of physics at CC THIS summer, and wait to submit my primary until around August 10th? Mind you, I would still have to wait for the whole verification yadda yadda yadda, and for my summer school transcripts to be sent, which would all be done around Sept? Is this too late???

Members don't see this ad.

You can be admitted without all of the prereqs completed on the grounds that you make it clear that you will retake it.

Okay, thank you! I'm just worried because all I can find on their websites is something that says "Admission requirements include a grade of C or better in pre-requisite coursework" and doesn't state if it means at the time you apply or before you enter the school. Here is a little about me:

3.3 Science, 3.5 overall
~300 hours community service at an Alzheimer's facility (under served community)

Research position at UC Berkeley

4.5 years as Organic Chemistry tutor (leadership)

DO & MD shadowing ~70 hours

Teachers Assistant/Lab Assistant in Plant Biology

I feel like I am a decent candidate, and I come from a very economically disadvantaged family...but I'm just worried about that freaking C- and don't want them to deny me automatically lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Decisions are based on the presumption anything like this will be fixed by matriculation. Has no bearing on your secondary/interview decision.

Okay, thank you! I'm just worried because all I can find on their websites is something that says "Admission requirements include a grade of C or better in pre-requisite coursework" and doesn't state if it means at the time you apply or before you enter the school. Here is a little about me:

3.3 Science, 3.5 overall
~300 hours community service at an Alzheimer's facility (under served community)

Research position at UC Berkeley

4.5 years as Organic Chemistry tutor (leadership)

DO & MD shadowing ~70 hours

Teachers Assistant/Lab Assistant in Plant Biology

I feel like I am a decent candidate, and I come from a very economically disadvantaged family...but I'm just worried about that freaking C- and don't want them to deny me automatically lol

Your fine pending a 27+ Mcat and then you'll be average.