C- in pre req class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

i gotta C- in physics 7c my sphomore year. The thing is, at uc davis, my college, you cannot retake a class unless you get a D or lower in the class. Can i still apply? or is it possible for schools to just consider you then tell you that you have to retake it before matriculating?

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

i gotta C- in physics 7c my sphomore year. The thing is, at uc davis, my college, you cannot retake a class unless you get a D or lower in the class. Can i still apply? or is it possible for schools to just consider you then tell you that you have to retake it before matriculating?

That's a crazy rule, guess it would be better to go for the lower grade in that situation :laugh:. But in all seriousness, most schools (if not all) require at least a C or above. Period. I would suggest just taking physics at a different 4 year institution. The 4 year part is important to some schools because they won't accept 2 year cc credits.

You can't retake to replace the grade...but can you just take it a second time so it shows up on your transcript twice? That way you can show that you've mastered the material and it will bring up your overall and science gpa...esp your BCP gpa which will GREATLY suffer from this since (-) ARE considered on AADSAS.

Just a thought..