C1 vertebrae fracture recovery??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crewnutz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I fractured my C1 vertebrae in a car accident back in July. I was in a Miami J for 13 weeks. I did not require surgery and I have been in physical therapy for about 2 weeks now, slowly regaining my flexibility/strength. Everything seems to have healed fine and all the tendons/ligaments held up fine with no severe damage which would require surgery and the vertebrae stayed completely stable during healing. My doctor says I should not participate in contact sports anymore, I dont play football or wrestle but I do snowboard, mountain bike, and ride motorcycle, my doctor considers those "contact" sports. I have met others who have had the same or similar neck injuries who have been cleared by their doctor to go back to normal life. I have heard from everyone that when a bone heals it is as strong or stronger than before. Any opinions or insight into this would be most appreciated. The sports I participate in arent really contact sports but there is that chance that one could hit there head so is my neck more susceptible to being reinjured? Thank you in advance for any and all information you can provide me with.

Sorry if this is not the correct forum or website to ask this I am just looking for every opinion I can get.

Members don't see this ad.

SDN does not provide medical advice. Please see your health care provider.

Status
Not open for further replies.