C2 dispensing percentage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmBulldog

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In your pharmacy if you calculate your total daily C2 script volume as a percentage of your total daily volume. What do you think would be the average %?

Ofcourse it will differ by demographic but interested to see what numbers we get on here

Members don't see this ad.

I work at a low volume but high percentage of c2's in my store. My store does 1600 a week but I fill twice as many c2's as my next nearest rite aid that does 3500. So that ends up being almost a 4x difference!

About 15% of my script counts are c2's. It's slightly a little bit more than 1 in 10. I go thru 36 bottles of norcos a week. That's not a lot but is a lot for my volume.

There are days when I don't even open the safe in a 14 hour shift, so no more than ~5%. Mostly stimulants.

Members don't see this ad :)
My average is around 4% or so. State equipp scores have a goal around 3% for stores, so you're definitely higher than most pharmacies if you're hitting double digits.

I didn't know there's an EQuIPP score for CS dispensing. Another data point to show stores are "underperforming."

My average is around 4% or so. State equipp scores have a goal around 3% for stores, so you're definitely higher than most pharmacies if you're hitting double digits.
There's a stat on equipp? All I see is diabetes no statin!

Does the equip rating goal change depending what area you’re located in? In some areas 3% is not attainable

There's a stat on equipp? All I see is diabetes no statin!

I have like 8 different stats on there, including a newly added one on elderly and if they've had the pneumonia shot.

Does the equip rating goal change depending what area you’re located in? In some areas 3% is not attainable

I don't think they care where you are located nor are they flexible really. It's not fully in our control so what can you do. It's just another stat to justify cutting reimbursement and I leave it to corporate to sweat over that. I just make sure to be diligent on my control fills and/or turn away shady scripts.

In your pharmacy if you calculate your total daily C2 script volume as a percentage of your total daily volume. What do you think would be the average %?

Ofcourse it will differ by demographic but interested to see what numbers we get on here

I would say 30-40%.

I used to dispense a ****-ton of CIIs (like ordering 5000 hydromorphone tabs monthly and 28,800 tabs of hydrocodone/APAP 10/325 monthly--that's 6 cases a week of Mallinckrodt) and I only got up to 10% CIIs. Still that's 40-50 CII a day (this includes weekends with fewer CIIs)

I used to dispense a ****-ton of CIIs (like ordering 5000 hydromorphone tabs monthly and 28,800 tabs of hydrocodone/APAP 10/325 monthly--that's 6 cases a week of Mallinckrodt) and I only got up to 10% CIIs. Still that's 40-50 CII a day (this includes weekends with fewer CIIs)

wow must have been filling all big qtys

What's a big quantity? We never took more than 180 Norco 10/325. Contrast that with my current area where **** PAs write for 360 Norco 10/325 a month or 360 Percocet 10/325 a month (I don't take that either) but the scripts are spread around across many pharmacies and not like 8-9 pharmacies in a 30 mile radius