C2 prescriptions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long after the date written can a c2 prescription be accepted? In Florida?

Members don't see this ad.

How long after the date written can a c2 prescription be accepted? In Florida?

1 year, and no refills.

Whereas CIII/IV/V's for a max of 6 months. Make sense?

It's up to the pharmacist's professional judgment. Some will create their own rule and say 48 hours, some 72 hours, some a week. But..technically, there are no restrictions within a year and no refills.

Here's how it's written:

64B16-28.114 Prescription Refills. [FONT=Times New Roman,Times]No prescription may be filled or refilled in excess of one (1) year from the date the original prescription was written. No prescription for a controlled substance listed in Schedule II may be refilled. No prescription for a controlled substance listed in Schedules III, IV, or V may be filled or refilled more than five (5) times within a period of six (6) months after the date on which the prescription was written. .

Wow.. in NC there is no expiration date on CII's, which in my opinion is just plain dumb. You FL people are lucky ;-)

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks good to know

all controls are only good for 30 days in NYS with refills only on 3-5 (but no benzo's and roids). Its nice being able to turn people away with 6 month old scripts for darvocet

all controls are only good for 30 days in NYS with refills only on 3-5 (but no benzo's and roids). Its nice being able to turn people away with 6 month old scripts for darvocet

I would like to turn people away with one hour old prescriptions for propoxyphene and tell them to head right back to their prescriber for something safer that actually works.

I would like to turn people away with one hour old prescriptions for propoxyphene and tell them to head right back to their prescriber for something safer that actually works.

haha, plus they always give it out in bulk, like 200 something at a time. I think they prescribe it so much to old people because it has some effect on mood as well as pain, but I haven't looked into it much.

AW Come on. Those pink bricks cure all that ails you. It also seems like those are the only controls that I see what are not filled within 15 minutes of leaving the doctors. When I think expired control, I think 5 month old darvocet for a 95 year old lady with the sig 1-2q4h #180

AW Come on. Those pink bricks cure all that ails you. It also seems like those are the only controls that I see what are not filled within 15 minutes of leaving the doctors. When I think expired control, I think 5 month old darvocet for a 95 year old lady with the sig 1-2q4h #180

I am hoping the combination of the withdrawal in the UK, and the pending lawsuit against the FDA for not pulling propoxyphene off the market will spell the end of this silly substance.

Well, it's not just CII's. It's any Rx, and since there's no exception written for CII's, it just falls under the general umbrella.

Yeah our regular Rx's are 1 year... CIII-CIV's are of course 6 months. I just dont understand why NC doesn't just put CII's under the CVI's! :mad: