CA Ambulance Driver's Cert

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LDutch

An MD Hopeful
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my abulance driver's certification in CA on tuesday...anyone got any tips/remember anything from the test?

Thanks a bundle~

Members don't see this ad.

Not a whole lot to remember, it's just a written test. Do remember to take enough money for the fees and have all your paperwork completed. Have you taken a DMV phycical? Gotten your Live Scan (fingerprints)? If so, you should be good to go. Good luck.

Pretty easy if you read the manual a few times before you take it. I believe you get 3 chances so...

Good Luck :)

ed

Members don't see this ad :)
Jambi said:
Not a whole lot to remember, it's just a written test. Do remember to take enough money for the fees and have all your paperwork completed. Have you taken a DMV phycical? Gotten your Live Scan (fingerprints)? If so, you should be good to go. Good luck.

Yeah about the fees - how is it that I was charged $25 (the price they quote on the DMV site), and LDutch got screwed with a $67 fee? Weird...

Daedalus said:
...LDutch got screwed with a $67 fee? Weird...
:thumbdown: well that's a bummer! The best thing that I can think of is that the DMV sucks :mad: .

Does anybody have the Ambulance Driver Handbook that they could post or email?

Go to the DMV and walk up to the information counter with a $5 bill in your hand and ask if you may have a copy of the ambulance drivers handbook. that is the only way I know of getting it. :)

I'm trying to get my abulance driver's certification in CA on tuesday...anyone got any tips/remember anything from the test?

Thanks a bundle~
there are only a couple versions of the test. talk to folks you know who have taken it and they can provide their old tests as "study guides"....:)

I studied for the test by reading old test. all the questions were the exact same. that is the best way to go.

I studied for the test by reading old test. all the questions were the exact same. that is the best way to go.

Do you still have any old tests or have access to any old tests?