CA BOP processing time intern license - advice/info needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BatDamon12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new here but i heard this is the best place to get answers for some pharmacy specific questions.

I submitted my intern license application in late march and saw on my bank account that they cashed my check in late march. However it has been nearly 60 days and I still do not have an active license. I do have a misdemeanor (which got dismissed in March) in which the CA BOP sent me a letter to send documents (which I did) and sent to the Enforcement Unit in mid April.The CA BOP said they received the papers but they told me they cannot give me a proper processing time to get my active license posted online.

I ask because I have a summer IPPE to do but I am worried that I will not get my active license until after August in which I cannot advance into my second year of pharmacy. Should I visit in person at the office to see if they get my license before the first week of July. I sent everything early but apparently not early enough.

If you guys have any advice please let me know or tell me how long did it take to get your intern license processed. I am having a hard sleeping because of the long processing time for the intern license. my other state took only 2 weeks to process.

Members don't see this ad.

Per their last licensing subcommittee meeting minutes, they're directing all available staff (they're short-staffed) to focus on RPh licenses to give those priority processing.

Send an email to the intern status email address once the 60 days have passed since your check was cashed. Usually they'll push it forward once your at the 60+ day mark, but I don't know how a misdemeanor dismissal will affect that.

I didn't get a license for 60+ days and when I emailed, they noted that my BG check was missing so they did some magic and I got my license posted online within a week.

thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

in the email it says "Your application file has been forwarded to the Enforcement Unit for review. If any additional information is required, you will receive notification from the Enforcement Unit. Your license cannot be issued without the Enforcement Unit's approval. Please continue to check the board's website to verify if your license has been issued. If a license has not been issued after 90 days of receipt of this letter and all required documentation has been submitted to the board, please email the Enforcement Unit at [email protected] to inquire on the status of your application."

so the board got it approved but the Enforcement Unit hasnt yet, do you know if they are really responsive after the 60/90 day limit or they still take a while. the office has all my papers, im just doing the waiting game.

anybody else know how their intern license took to process.