CA Law open book or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

toothless rufus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know whether the California law exam is open book? That 478 page guide is pretty intimidating...
 
Are there specific sections to study? Did you read all 478 pages or only the stuff that pertains solely to optometry?

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow 478 pages? How much of that deals with Optometry? If there are questions from the other parts then it has to be studied just as hard so it seems kind of daunting.
 
hey, i took the test way back in 1999 when there were 2 parts: clinical & jurisprudence. I remember there being questions re: misdemeanor vs misconduct and being able to classify something you know is 'wrong' as one of those two. Is the test still that specific? The clinical portion was easy -- is the current test closer to clinical management? Any help you can provide would be great.

Also if anyone wants to get together for a study/cram session anytime in the next couple weeks I'm game...I could use a study buddy...
 
hey, i took the test way back in 1999 when there were 2 parts: clinical & jurisprudence. I remember there being questions re: misdemeanor vs misconduct and being able to classify something you know is 'wrong' as one of those two. Is the test still that specific? The clinical portion was easy -- is the current test closer to clinical management? Any help you can provide would be great.

Also if anyone wants to get together for a study/cram session anytime in the next couple weeks I'm game...I could use a study buddy...

Where do you live?
 
hey, i took the test way back in 1999 when there were 2 parts: clinical & jurisprudence. I remember there being questions re: misdemeanor vs misconduct and being able to classify something you know is 'wrong' as one of those two. Is the test still that specific? The clinical portion was easy -- is the current test closer to clinical management? Any help you can provide would be great.

Also if anyone wants to get together for a study/cram session anytime in the next couple weeks I'm game...I could use a study buddy...

can you give any examples of the "choose the wrong type"?