CA residents at NOVA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OnionKnight

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I'm starting to get applications together to apply this fall, and stumbled across a post saying that NOVA restricts their enrollment to students in 9 states. Has anyone ever heard this? Here's the post if you're interested in looking:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-148748.html
It's the fourth message in the thread, although it is quite a few years old.

Are any current NOVA students out there from California? I'd like to know so I don't waste application money and time applying to a school that won't even consider me based on where I live. Thanks everyone!
 
I think that person is mistaken. I'm from CA and will be attending NOVA this fall. In fact, I have a friend from CA attending this Fall, my NOVA tour guide was from CA, AND I know someone who graduated there orginally from CA.

So, no worries! Check out this site:

http://www.opted.org/profiles.pdf

NOVA took students from 27 states and Canada last year.

I'm from So. Cal and from the 6 schools that I applied (all non-CA), FL felt closest to home. Hope that helps!
 
Thanks for the heads up about NOVA. I didn't think they would purposely restrict admissions, but it's always good to find out before jumping into the whole app process.