CA State Board Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floridavet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I am a veterinarian in Fl who decided to move to CA next spring. Unfortunately I have to take the CA Vet Board Exam (now computerized). I was wondering if anyone does have some insight on the test. Is it comparable to the NAVLE? How do you students from CA prepare for it?
thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

Can't help you there, but I am also interested in responses as well as I don't want to live in Missouri any more once I'm done with school. :D

Hi there,
I am a veterinarian in Fl who decided to move to CA next spring. Unfortunately I have to take the CA Vet Board Exam (now computerized). I was wondering if anyone does have some insight on the test. Is it comparable to the NAVLE? How do you students from CA prepare for it?
thanks so much

Your best bet is finding some old study/sample questions - they're floating around out there, somewhere (check out various vet schools' NAVLE study web sites). Without those, you may have difficulty passing the test. In actuality, it's a lot easier than the NAVLE (the questions are not so complicated; no interpretation of bloodwork etc.). I took the CA state board exam in 2006, so I'm not sure if any questions have changed.

There are questions for large, small and exotic animals. About 100 questions, and plenty of time to complete them in (at least for the pen and paper version).