CAA Downward Trend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PA_dud3

PA-S1
Moderator Emeritus
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty bad downward trend in my last three semesters due in part to the transition to Online Classes and also some mental health issues I have been experiencing (OCD). My GPA is around a 3.68 assuming I can salvage this semester. I am currently making a C in Biochem which I don't think I will be able to pull up (best case I can do a B, but I'm having difficulties). Would CAA schools (particularly Nova or South) turn me down over a downward trend given the circumstances? I hope to have a decent GRE but I'm not so sure about that either. Should I drop Biochem and take it again next semester? I will also be taking Physics and Calc next semester, so I'm hoping to buckle down and raise my GPA during my final semester. My GPA prior to Spring 2020 was nearly 4.0 for reference. This year has been hell on me, and it didnt help that I took 16 credits in the summer and 20 this fall, sorry to say. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Spring 2020:
~3.63

Summer 2020
~3.24

Fall 2020
~3.37 (worst case scenario) - ~3.44 (best case scenario).

Members don't see this ad.

If your GPA is a 3.68, that is above the matriculant average for many CAA schools. Score well on the GRE and have additional EC's, shadowing, and strong interview skills and you'll make it. So long as you apply to schools which accept your C, you should be fine. I got accepted this cycle with 1 c in a pre-req and 2 c's in unrelated parts of my degree as well as a withdrawal. So long as you can weave in your struggles well through personal statement/interviewing, you'll do fine. Don't make the whole personal statement focus on those but do briefly touch on it.

Members don't see this ad :)