Caffeinated soap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atsai3

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of potential interest to some on this forum...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18230175/

Caffeinated soap perks up your shower
Perfect gift for that smelly co-worker who sleeps in too much
Updated: 8:27 a.m. PT April 20, 2007

LONDON - Inventors have created a soap infused with caffeine which helps users wake up in the morning.

The soap, called Shower Shock, supplies the caffeine equivalent of two cups of coffee per wash, with the stimulant absorbed naturally through the skin, manufacturers say.

“Tired of waking up and having to wait for your morning java to brew? Are you one of those groggy early morning types that just needs the extra kick?” ask the makers, thinkgeek.com.

Scented with peppermint oil, each bar is designed to provide a stimulant boost within five minutes for a clean buzz.

--
Copyright 2007 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.​

Members don't see this ad.

I received some of this last Christmas as a joke gift and tried it once thinking what the heck....The soap smelled great, but that was about it. No caffeine rush :( coffee and diet pepsi are still my standbys.

If it actually worked, I would buy it in bulk.

It could work, via pavlovian conditioning, if it smelt like coffee.

Haven't tried the soap yet.

I do carry a tin of Penguin caffeinated mints in my white coat pocket. At 7mg caffeine per mint, about 3-4 mints gets you to a can of Coke. It doesn't feel as good as a cup of coffee, but for those days when rounding takes forever, they can come in handy.

-AT.