1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Cal Poly Pomona Students

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by k9 <3er, Apr 12, 2007.

1. k9 <3er

k9 <3er UC Davis SVM c/o 2011
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Hey guys! I know there are a bunch of CPP students on here so I made a seperate thread to talk about Ag Career Day (ACD).

I am the co-chair for ACD and I am working on creating our first veterinary school application workshop. I know some of you guys on here have indicated that you would like to help me put it together and be a part of a panel. If there is anyone on here that I do not know but would like to help, then contact me asap. The workshop is going to be on April 25 at 3:00 PM.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how this workshop should be put together? Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. QTkitty

QTkitty CSU PVM class of 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I'd love to help but I have class (boo :(). If there's anything I can do to help without being present let me know!

4. ckgilabert

ckgilabert CSU PVM c/o 2014!!!!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    cool! i cant wait to go. i really want to help but i have no clue what you need. like how to present the thing? i think a powerpoint would be the easiest thing to do. anyway, i'll talk to you in agrees! or call me :)

5. k9 <3er

k9 <3er UC Davis SVM c/o 2011
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Thanks guys! QTkitty, did you have Dr. Bray for Adv. Animal Nutrition last quarter? If you did, I think I know who you are :p . Anywho, I wish you could be a part of the panel to answer questions and talk about your experiences etc because you definitely would be a wealth of knowledge... :( .

I am going to do what ckgilabert suggested, a ppt presentation. I have a lot of events and tests going on next week but once I have details down, I'll start delegating. I am going to try and get a Western rep and 1st yr. student to come down and do some talking as well.

Hey lilobug, are you still down to help?

I think for now the best thing we can do is publicize this. Hey ckgilabert, can you talk to the pre-vet e-board about publicizing. I already talked to the pres. and she said she wanted to help so she should be familiar with the event.

Any additional input is seriously needed and appreciated. Thanks again!!! :hardy:

6. jeeney

jeeney Ross SVM c/o 2012
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary

totally offtopic, but i graduated from Cal Poly too..but nehooz..Dr. Bray is still teaching?! i heard they fired him..haha...he was an 'interesting' teacher..-_-

7. QTkitty

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    HAHA yea, I had Dr. Bray last quarter and I think I know who you are too. I think we also had bio chem together :D Anyway, I wish I could be there too but if you can think of anything for me to contribute otherwise, let me know!

8. birdvet2006

birdvet2006 Glasgow c/o 2006
    5+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Also off-topic. I am an alumna of Cal Poly Pomona too. Never had Dr. Bray for anything. I think he may have given a lecture in equine management when I took that. I mostly had Dr. Abenes for nutrition. Thought he was great.

I graduated in 2001.

9. Wolfpac991

Veterinary Student
    Lucky your. Dr Bray is the worst. If you have boobs you get an A though. Dr. Abenes left :( and the dean is leaving as well and Dr. Fonda is no longer head chair. CPP has gone down hill!:(

10. jeeney

jeeney Ross SVM c/o 2012
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    is this micheal? ;)

11. jeeney

jeeney Ross SVM c/o 2012
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    is this michael? ;)

12. QTkitty

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    That sucks if you had a bad experience but mine has been great. I actually have a lot of respect for Dr. Bray. I think too many professors give out easy grades to people who don't deserve them. So many students now a days think that if they show up for class and put in the effort they deserve an A. I'm sorry but that's just not the way it works... you actually have to perform to earn an A from him. I did have Dr. Abenes once and I'm not saying that he was a horrible professor, but he was one of the easy ones. His tests were straight off of the blackboard quizzes! As said many times before, one's education is what he/she makes of it and mine thus far has been fantastic.

13. Wolfpac991

Veterinary Student

I agree with you and the easy A thing. I just dont like him cuz when i would go for him for help all he wanted to know was the discounts a best buy (i worked their at the time) and then would say ok I have to go.. I was like wtf.... I think the easy A thing is why some ppl get mad at Dr. Fonda cuz you have to work hard in his class and the meat science class... Anyways this thread isnt about that