Calc and Analytic Geometry or Business Calc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Business calc or calc w analytic geometry for med school

• business calc

• calc with analytic geometry

Results are only viewable after voting.

enguyen20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm currently at a community college right now and I'm wondering which Calculus to take for Med school? I want to transfer to UCSB under Biopsychology and Math 140 (Business Calc) or Math 180 (Calc with analytic geometry) are acceptable. I was wondering which would be better for medical schools? Would adcoms look down on business calc?

Math 140 description for my school:
Calculus for business, social science, and non-science majors. Algebraic, logarithmic, and exponential functions; limits; differentiation with applications; various techniques of integration with applications; differential equations; multi variable calculus.

Math 180 description:Differential and integral calculus with applications. Functions, limits, the derivative, curve sketching, optimization, and rules for differentiation of algebraic, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions with their inverses, with applications. Indefinite and definite integrals.

Thanks for all your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I'm currently at a community college right now and I'm wondering which Calculus to take for Med school? I want to transfer to UCSB under Biopsychology and Math 140 (Business Calc) or Math 180 (Calc with analytic geometry) are acceptable. I was wondering which would be better for medical schools? Would adcoms look down on business calc?

Math 140 description for my school:
Calculus for business, social science, and non-science majors. Algebraic, logarithmic, and exponential functions; limits; differentiation with applications; various techniques of integration with applications; differential equations; multi variable calculus.

Math 180 description:Differential and integral calculus with applications. Functions, limits, the derivative, curve sketching, optimization, and rules for differentiation of algebraic, exponential, logarithmic, and trigonometric functions with their inverses, with applications. Indefinite and definite integrals.

Thanks for all your help!
I think both will work. Math is not something they will be very picky about anyways. It will counts as BCPM

If you are transferrng to 4-year university, make sure either of them will count towards your B.S. degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It won’t matter which one you take. MAT140 seems to be for students who are doing business. So the topics will have typically have word problems based on business and economics.

Take the real calc class. Dont take bcalc, I also think there are schools that dont accept bcalc for the calc requirement but Im not totally sure about that