• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Disgruntled One

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
thinking of taking 20 hours over the summer. i would like to get physics out of the way, but only non calc based physics is offered over the summer. do i need the calc for the mcat? do med schools care much about that for a cell/molecular and biochem double major? thanks

Robz

La Vie Boheme
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2003
Drinking Texas Tea
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
My physics was noncalc based.

You won't need calc based physics for the MCAT either.

Bad Mojo

Cold as Ice
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2003
Texas
Status (Visible)
Ditto, I did really well on the MCAT physics and only took non-calc. I took all of it at a junior college over the summer, so I broke a few pre-med commandments there.

About the Ads

Disgruntled One

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Status (Visible)
hmmm... how do med schools view taking upper level (not exactly for your major though) classes at a lesser institution? i was thinking possibly taking an advanced spanish class and calc III at my local public university. would that matter?

carrie198

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
At our school we needed calc-based physics for a biochem major. However, it's not required for your major, algebra-based is easier and is definitely sufficient for the MCAT.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.