Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

calc based vs non calc based physics???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Disgruntled One, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Disgruntled One

7+ Year Member

thinking of taking 20 hours over the summer. i would like to get physics out of the way, but only non calc based physics is offered over the summer. do i need the calc for the mcat? do med schools care much about that for a cell/molecular and biochem double major? thanks

2. Robz

Robz La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My physics was noncalc based.

You won't need calc based physics for the MCAT either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Cold as Ice
    7+ Year Member

Ditto, I did really well on the MCAT physics and only took non-calc. I took all of it at a junior college over the summer, so I broke a few pre-med commandments there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Disgruntled One

7+ Year Member

hmmm... how do med schools view taking upper level (not exactly for your major though) classes at a lesser institution? i was thinking possibly taking an advanced spanish class and calc III at my local public university. would that matter?

5. carrie198

carrie198 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    At our school we needed calc-based physics for a biochem major. However, it's not required for your major, algebra-based is easier and is definitely sufficient for the MCAT.

6. Disgruntled One

7+ Year Member

ahhh, yea, well mine does too. damn.