Calc on the PCAT

Started by gabapentin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gabapentin

Drug dealing 4 life!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay...so the PCAT has more calc on it now...but I still don't know how much I need to know. Would reviewing the first semester of calc be good enough or do we have to start doing areas of 3-D graphs??? Thanks guys.
 
Reviewing first semester is good. You want to be comfortable with derivatives and integrals. I think some limit problems pop-up sometimes too. There were maybe one or two weird calc questions that I had no idea what to do with/never seen. I've taken two semesters of calc. Those were either experimentals or finding the super smart people type questions.
 
Triple intergrals needed to find the volume of the 3-d graph aren't on the PCAT. The focus of the PCAT calculus revolves around first semester calc with a little second semester for good background. Any other math class beyond that is excessive.