Calculate GPA!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shans

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to drop + or -, before you calculate your GPA!!

Members don't see this ad.

Andrea is right. If you look at the Optometry pre-requisite course worksheet that most schools ask you to fill out when applying to their schools, it usually says if they consider + or - or if they round them off to A, B, C, etc. I know PCO does that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know what UHCO does to calc everything?
Btw, it's my first time posting, so thanks a lot :)

I am also interested in knowing how the schools do it. I have a lot of B+ grades!

Go to the school's website and do a bit of research. It's not that hard, however I couldn't find anything about UHCO anymore since their application process is closed until the fall. At that point you can access the application and they will tell you how to do it. For other schools, they still have their grade conversions up, you just need to sacrifice 5 minutes to do it.

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums. I wish I found this thing earlier in my undergrad career... Here's my question.

How come some people say they get into Opt school with lower than 3.0 GPAs? Isn't there an automated screening process that automatically junks transcripts with lower than 75% average?