Calculatin Canadian GPA and converting to US %

Started by mystro
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mystro

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what are the equivalences when it comes to converting percentanges and GPA.

60 = 2.5/4 (approx)
75 = 3/4
80 = 3.2/4

Is that right for Canada?
And how would I go about converting it into US standards?
I read in a post somewhere, that 3/4 in Canada = 85% in US?? I was like huh?

Thanks for the help.
 
mystro said:
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what are the equivalences when it comes to converting percentanges and GPA.

60 = 2.5/4 (approx)
75 = 3/4
80 = 3.2/4

Is that right for Canada?
And how would I go about converting it into US standards?
I read in a post somewhere, that 3/4 in Canada = 85% in US?? I was like huh?

Thanks for the help.

that's wrong dude! 3/4 IS NOT 85%!!! are you friggin nuts!!!?!

canada's 3.0/4.0 GPA = 3.0/4.0 GPA in the usa

but dont worry... just apply to boston if you have a low gpa
 
lol, ya i know 3/4 does not equal 85.

i'll try to dig up the old post i just read.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
See I don't understand that. How is 3.4/4 = approx 80 ?? 3.4 Canadian GPA = 80 in US? I always thought the Canadian GPA was higher for some reason...or from rumors.
 
all i know is that when i filled out applications for schools thats how it worked out for me (it varied slightly depending on the school)