Calculating Cot values DNA hybridization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEG@COOL

M0DE 01
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are covering this in my biotech class. I skipped class though and the online notes arent that great. Can anyone provide me with useful links to webpages showing how to do this(perhaps your own schools notes even) or provide any other relevant help. Thanks. Our book doesnt cover this for some reason??

Members don't see this ad.

MEG@COOL said:
We are covering this in my biotech class. I skipped class though and the online notes arent that great. Can anyone provide me with useful links to webpages showing how to do this(perhaps your own schools notes even) or provide any other relevant help. Thanks. Our book doesnt cover this for some reason??

Do you have an access to Genes VII or newer book by Benjamin Lewin? On Ch.3 from page 69 to 73 (for Genes VII) Cot curves are described with some formulas. I did this long time ago, and I can't really explain it to you.

No dont have that. Do school libraries generally have a collection of text books? A google search indicated that a molecular biology textbook may be of use. I guess I should probably see my professor in office hours as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
MEG@COOL said:
No dont have that. Do school libraries generally have a collection of text books? A google search indicated that a molecular biology textbook may be of use. I guess I should probably see my professor in office hours as well.

Most libraries should carry text books (if in university). If you goto a library at a medical school, you will find the Genes book. It is a commonly used molecular biology book. Sorry I can't be much more of a help.