calculating credit hours??

Started by Bantams17
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bantams17

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

So I know this isn't a very good first post, but I am running into trouble figuring out what my credit hours are for the VMCAS application. I go to one of those crazy liberal arts schools where one class is 1 credit (or even more confusing, a class with a lab is 1.25 credits, calculus is 1.5 credits, and other craziness). Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!
 
Hi,

So I know this isn't a very good first post, but I am running into trouble figuring out what my credit hours are for the VMCAS application. I go to one of those crazy liberal arts schools where one class is 1 credit (or even more confusing, a class with a lab is 1.25 credits, calculus is 1.5 credits, and other craziness). Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

I went to a school where we had terms and a term class = 1 credit.

So, my first suggestion is talk to your Lib Arts school and see if they offer a standard conversion that can be included with your transcripts.

My school said 'credits tend to average to 3.3 credit hours.' I can't remember how I did it on VMCAS, but they had a formula. I also put a statement in the explanation section.