Calculating last 45 credits

Started by OSJ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OSJ

Michigan State CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With my last 3 semesters ( a fall, a spring and a short 10 semester summer), I have exactly 45 credits. In the least recent semester, I have 6 credits of pass fail courses out of a 16 credits. Should I or could I include the previous semester's GPA as well? It will be over 45 but will include the last 45 credits that actually factor into my GPA.
 
Also, if the 45 credits goes back to a partial semester how do you factor those in? Average the GPA for that semester then weight it by the number of credits remaining in the 45 from that semester?
 
I'm pretty sure you typically include that entire semester that the 45th credit falls in. Just calculate it all, even if it's 50 or 60 credits and take the average.
 
and put the information into a sentence (one of three sentences) in my explanation statement, though i did not see that we were specifically asked to do this calculation (were we). i did an average sort of thing, and explained that my last 30 credits were at least _____ and my last 45 were at least _____.