DATslim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2004
NJ
Status
How do you calculate your DAT score? and is perceptual ability included?

crazy_sherm

å♪▼æ╬‼▄·
10+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
San Francisco
Status
Dentist
The PAT is considered separately. AA is everything but PAT. TS is all the science tests. I would advise picking up a copy of the DAT prep booklet from the ADA, it has a chart in the back that explains how to convert a raw score to the scaled one.

DIRTIE

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2004
Las Vegas
Status
Dental Student
Take your 5 academic sections (RC, Gen chem, Ochem, Bio, and QR). Add them up and divide by 5= your academic ave. Take bio, ochem, and gen chem and divide by 3 =total science. Pat is on its own team. Its a pretty lame section if you ask me

luder98

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2004
Status
Dentist
DIRTIE said:
Take your 5 academic sections (RC, Gen chem, Ochem, Bio, and QR). Add them up and divide by 5= your academic ave. Take bio, ochem, and gen chem and divide by 3 =total science. Pat is on its own team. Its a pretty lame section if you ask me
The TS formula doesn't work for me. I even added the math to it, still doesn't work out. Where did you get this info? It would be a point or 2 more than my actual TS. I'm curious about how they calculate it too.

DMD_hopeful

Registered lunatic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2004
Status
luder98 said:
The TS formula doesn't work for me. I even added the math to it, still doesn't work out. Where did you get this info? It would be a point or 2 more than my actual TS. I'm curious about how they calculate it too.

The AA is a simple average of Bio, Org, chem, math and RC.

the TS is a scaled score based on the number correct for Bio, Chem, Org.

Some pre-dental books have the conversion table.