Calculation Of DAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DATslim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you calculate your DAT score? and is perceptual ability included?

Members don't see this ad.

The PAT is considered separately. AA is everything but PAT. TS is all the science tests. I would advise picking up a copy of the DAT prep booklet from the ADA, it has a chart in the back that explains how to convert a raw score to the scaled one.

Take your 5 academic sections (RC, Gen chem, Ochem, Bio, and QR). Add them up and divide by 5= your academic ave. Take bio, ochem, and gen chem and divide by 3 =total science. Pat is on its own team. Its a pretty lame section if you ask me

Members don't see this ad :)
DIRTIE said:
Take your 5 academic sections (RC, Gen chem, Ochem, Bio, and QR). Add them up and divide by 5= your academic ave. Take bio, ochem, and gen chem and divide by 3 =total science. Pat is on its own team. Its a pretty lame section if you ask me
The TS formula doesn't work for me. I even added the math to it, still doesn't work out. Where did you get this info? It would be a point or 2 more than my actual TS. I'm curious about how they calculate it too.

luder98 said:
The TS formula doesn't work for me. I even added the math to it, still doesn't work out. Where did you get this info? It would be a point or 2 more than my actual TS. I'm curious about how they calculate it too.

The AA is a simple average of Bio, Org, chem, math and RC.

the TS is a scaled score based on the number correct for Bio, Chem, Org.

Some pre-dental books have the conversion table.