calculation of prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moldovanits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what gets counted everything together or mostly your science gpa?
particularity western and touro?

Members don't see this ad.

what gets counted everything together or mostly your science gpa?
particularity western and touro?

Both use PharmCAS which calculates both Overall and Science as well as Math and Non-Science GPAs. Which one is more heavily waited will depend on the school. They could go through the bother of calculating a Pre-req only GPA. I've read that some schools do this, but I wouldn't know if Western or Touro do.

Both use PharmCAS which calculates both Overall and Science as well as Math and Non-Science GPAs. Which one is more heavily waited will depend on the school. They could go through the bother of calculating a Pre-req only GPA. I've read that some schools do this, but I wouldn't know if Western or Touro do.

so if i have a science gpa 2.8 and overall 3.2 i still have a chance?
plus alot of community volunteering for the blind.

Members don't see this ad :)

^^ anyone always has a chance, just that some are slimmer than others. Your stats are OK and enough to be granted an interview if you have other volunteer, leadership, experience or extra ciricullar activities to back up your gpa since it's not above a 3 for your science. Your overall is not bad. That's good enough to give you a shooting chance.

There's always hope out there to do it, just raise up your science gpa a bit more if possible. TRY TRY TRY.

Since neither Western nor Touro require PCATs they may place higher GPAs. I've seen people with lower stats but good ECs/LORs get in at Touro. I know that people with lower GPAs have been at LLU, especially those that had experience/EC's. Western seemed to have a higher average GPA, but there's probably a couple in there with comparable GPAs, they would have basically had to rock interview, or get the extra bonus for having a bachelor's degree by the time they submitted their application.