Calculations on the PCAT?

Started by Giannag
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Giannag

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This could be a potentially dumb question but my first time taking the PCAT will be next week. I saw calculators on the list of prohibited items at the exam, and I know a lot of the math section they expect us to do without it, but are we asked to do calculations in subjects like chemistry on the exam?
 
This could be a potentially dumb question but my first time taking the PCAT will be next week. I saw calculators on the list of prohibited items at the exam, and I know a lot of the math section they expect us to do without it, but are we asked to do calculations in subjects like chemistry on the exam?

yes, you must be able to do things like 35.6 X 23, 273/4.6 quickly and correctly without a calculator