Calculator

Started by pudgie84
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pudgie84

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What kind of calculator should I get for school? Can I just download a calculator app or will I need an actual calculator for tests and the boards?
 
i don't know about boards, but for school, i use a regular scientific calculator. not the big texas instrument one, just a normal sized one.
 
Graphing calculators are always nice for your own use, but most schools only permit scientific calculators (TI-30's) on exams. Boards does not allow you to bring your own calculator - you get a brand new disposable calculator for that day.

I think the TI-30 XII is good because you don't have to worry about order of operations in your commands because it is a similar screen display as the graphic calculators. I ended up just borrowing calculators from the library at my school for my exams instead of buying my own.