Calculus 2

ncsurgeon

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm currently a high school senior planning to go to community college in hopes of transferring to UCLA after two years. At the moment I'm taking a Calculus 2 course at community college, however I'm not doing that well and expect to end the semester with a C (maybe a B if I'm lucky). I was wondering if community college courses taken during high school will show up on my transcript when I try to transfer in the future. I'm considering dropping as I don't want to have a C on my transcript when I try to transfer but I also don't want to waste time and take it again in the future (as I'm not entirely sure if I need to in order to proceed further with my dental career). Any advice/info for my situation would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for responding.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It will show up in your transcript, so it will affect your GPA when transferring to a UC, and when you apply to dental school later.

That said, one C is not going to stop you from getting into a UC or a dental school.

Hello all,
I'm currently a high school senior planning to go to community college in hopes of transferring to UCLA after two years. At the moment I'm taking a Calculus 2 course at community college, however I'm not doing that well and expect to end the semester with a C (maybe a B if I'm lucky). I was wondering if community college courses taken during high school will show up on my transcript when I try to transfer in the future. I'm considering dropping as I don't want to have a C on my transcript when I try to transfer but I also don't want to waste time and take it again in the future (as I'm not entirely sure if I need to in order to proceed further with my dental career). Any advice/info for my situation would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for responding.
Any classes you take at a CC/4 year university will show up on transcripts and must be added to your application when applying to dental schools, no matter when you take it (even if you're in high school). I can't remember if some schools require Calculus as a pre-req, so you'd have to check their websites to see. But nonetheless, you'd likely need it for any Bio major and it will count toward your science GPA.