Calculus for Nova

Started by Britty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Britty

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know a lot of people here have been interviewed and accepted to Nova. Nova's admission requirements say you need 3 semester hours of Calculus. Does anyone know if this has to be Calc I or if Survey of Calc is acceptable? I tried to call the school, but no one ever picks up. I was talking with another student in one of my classes. She said that the pharmacist she works with graduated from Nova about 4 years ago, and he had only taken a survey class prior to admission.
 
Hello Britty- it is indeed hard to speak to NSUCOP on the phone, however, if you e-mail them, they usually respond to you. Try e-mailing Tracy Templin at [email protected]. She is usually helpful. Good luck!
PS I just took a regular Calculus I class in undergrad and they took it. 😳


Britty said:
I know a lot of people here have been interviewed and accepted to Nova. Nova's admission requirements say you need 3 semester hours of Calculus. Does anyone know if this has to be Calc I or if Survey of Calc is acceptable? I tried to call the school, but no one ever picks up. I was talking with another student in one of my classes. She said that the pharmacist she works with graduated from Nova about 4 years ago, and he had only taken a survey class prior to admission.
 
Britty said:
I know a lot of people here have been interviewed and accepted to Nova. Nova's admission requirements say you need 3 semester hours of Calculus. Does anyone know if this has to be Calc I or if Survey of Calc is acceptable? I tried to call the school, but no one ever picks up. I was talking with another student in one of my classes. She said that the pharmacist she works with graduated from Nova about 4 years ago, and he had only taken a survey class prior to admission.

I took Cal 1 during my undergraduate, and they accepted it...Yeah, email them will be better idea...