CALCULUS I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wander

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
DO I NEED TO TAKE AT LEAST CALC I FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL? I KNOW SOME MEDICAL SCHOOLS REQUIRE YOU TO TAKE AT LEAST COLLEGE ALGEBRA.........BUT I WANT TO IF IT'S TRUE MOST EAST COAST MEDICAL SCHOOLS REQUIRE AT LEAST CALC I.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is good to take it, and I do think it is almost a requirement by many. You can't go wrong taking it at least. Both Calc 1 & Calc 2.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that there are a few med schools that will let you get away with stats instead of calculus. I'd err on the side of caution and take both. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Die Calculus Die,
Beware to all who dare to take calculus I and II in the same summer. I barely made it out alive. Run !!! Save yourselves !! Dont take these courses unless your college degree requires it.

THANKS FOR THE TIPS........I'M THINKING ABOUT TAKING MAN CALC F/ SOC SCI...BUT I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S A GOOD IDEAL OR NOT.

Some schools require it, some don't. You can always just email or call the admissions offices of the schools you're interested in and make sure. Honestly, that's probably your best option, especially if you REALLY don't want to take it.