Calculus pre-req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teknos1s

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so let me start off by saying SORRY if this has been posted before, but its a question i been mulling over for some time now..

Im very weak in math...i know alot of dental schools dont require Calculus 1 or 2 for admission. However, how much would you guys RECOMMEND me taking at least Calc 1? Does it hinder me if i dont take it?

Im currently taking pre-calc right now and its a challenge...:mad::eek:

Im a bio major and i feel like i can actually talk my adviser out of requiring calc 1 for my graduation since she knows most dental schools dont require it...

Members don't see this ad.

Im very weak in math...i know alot of dental schools dont require Calculus 1 or 2 for admission. However, how much would you guys RECOMMEND me taking at least Calc 1? Does it hinder me if i dont take it?

Im a bio major and i feel like i can actually talk my adviser out of requiring calc 1 for my graduation since she knows most dental schools dont require it...

Your adviser makes decisions on what the department requires for graduation?

This might be harsh but if you want the degree, you should do the work. Not everything should be handed to you on a nice plate in life. Getting a science degree is supposed to be an achievement.