Calculus Prerequisite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

REJ815

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm graduating with my bachelors degree this May '08 and all my classes (including optometry prereqs) have been taken at a 4-year university. I know calculus is a prereq for all the opt schools so I was planning on taking it this summer... but at a 2-year community college. Does anyone know if the opt. schools accept that or since it is a required class, does it need to be taken at a 4-year university? Please let me know if you have any idea! Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just call the school you are interested in and then ask them

I think most schools prefer prereq classes to be taken at 4-year Universities, but I'm sure a course taken at a community college is also acceptable. Just be sure to give your school of choice a call first before you register.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see why they would mind one class from a community college I know a bunch of ppl who took classes at comm colleges over the summers...just ask the school and see what they say

I took most of my pre-req courses at a community college and it didn't affect me really. I did really well in all the courses though so make sure you do the same and you'll be fine.