Calculus Prerequisite

Started by REJ815
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

REJ815

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm graduating with my bachelors degree this May '08 and all my classes (including optometry prereqs) have been taken at a 4-year university. I know calculus is a prereq for all the opt schools so I was planning on taking it this summer... but at a 2-year community college. Does anyone know if the opt. schools accept that or since it is a required class, does it need to be taken at a 4-year university? Please let me know if you have any idea! Thanks!! 🙂
 
I think most schools prefer prereq classes to be taken at 4-year Universities, but I'm sure a course taken at a community college is also acceptable. Just be sure to give your school of choice a call first before you register.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't see why they would mind one class from a community college I know a bunch of ppl who took classes at comm colleges over the summers...just ask the school and see what they say
 
I took most of my pre-req courses at a community college and it didn't affect me really. I did really well in all the courses though so make sure you do the same and you'll be fine.