Calculus Requirement for Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kguzman12

Reaction score
I am taking a calculus class but it is for Business/Econ Majors. Would a business calculus course satisfy the med school requirement for math?

Members don't see this ad.

Would you consider taking stats or (even better) biostats? That's going to both definitely satisfy that requirement and open up more schools for you, as some schools specifically require statistics.

I can't definitively answer your question, my sense is that it probably would but it might have to be cleared school by school.

Reactions: 1 user
Would you consider taking stats or (even better) biostats? That's going to both definitely satisfy that requirement and open up more schools for you, as some schools specifically require statistics.

I can't definitively answer your question, my sense is that it probably would but it might have to be cleared school by school.
I am finishing a stats class next week. I will look more into biostats.

Members don't see this ad :)

Not only that, bio stats and evidence-based medicine is all the rage in medical education right now. All three licensing exams have plenty of biostatistics and understanding biostats takes a decent amount of time and several passes of the material. The earlier you stink at it, the earlier you don't stink at it.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

I checked many med school requirements. Most of them need stats. Any stats class should be good enough. It used to be 1 semester of calculus and 1 semester of stats couple of years ago. Looks like things have changed lately.