Calculus??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runstorm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm a freshman and I was wondering if calculus is a prerequisite for dental school because I'm thinking about dropping my trig class which is a prerequisite for calculus. Any advice would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

runstorm said:
Hey everyone I'm a freshman and I was wondering if calculus is a prerequisite for dental school because I'm thinking about dropping my trig class which is a prerequisite for calculus. Any advice would be helpful.

Harvard requires calculus. Other than them, I don't know of any schools that require it.

Most schools have websites where you can view what the actual pre-requisites are. good luck

most dental schools do require at least calc I, so if you need trig as a prereq for calc then dont drop it

Members don't see this ad :)
I think BU requires it also. Most schools do not require it. I think you have to have taken Trig. though, but that's as far as you have to go in math. I didn't take calc. I applied to 11 schools, all of which do not require calc. (USC, Marquette, Creighton, Michigan, Louisville, Kentucky, Pitt, Temple, Nova, VCU, and Case)

I hate to say this..... You need to tighten up. As others have many schools do require calc... moreover they generally require a certian amount of math classes. Futhermore, if you cannot get trig... You might as well forget physics. You also will need a strong stats background to understand scientific papers.

I vote stay strong. There will be many more classes in your path that will be MUCH more difficult than trig. Get a tutor, study more... what ever you need to do.

Good Luck,
-C

runstorm said:

i thought he was referring to the other calculus :(