1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

calendar vs. academic yr help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by midnight, Jul 4, 2001.

1. midnight

midnight New Member

does anyone know what to do if when you enter say 1999 for the calendar year and T2 for winter semester, but AMCAS automatically changes the year to 1998? Should I purposefully change the calendar year so that what appears matches my transcript? I've been given different suggestions by different people and am not sure what to believe. I just worried that if what I send to AMCAS doesn't match my transcript, it'll delay the whole process even more. thanks! :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    do a search on this board under "coursework" or "AMCAS" and you'll find a buttload of stuff..............this topic has been beat to death. Necessarily.......it is quite confusing.

later

4. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

the AMCAS application is supposed to change the calendar year of each term to the proper academic year. so it's totally correct that winter term of calendar year 1999 is being switched by the application to say 1998, because this is the winter term that fell in the academic year that started in 1998. fall term of calendar year 1998 would ALSO say academic year 1998, because it also is a part of the academic year that started in 1998. it's confusing, yes, but i imagine the software was programmed this way so that it was easier to match up the academic terms from the same school year, as all would be converted by the application to read the same academic year.

the topic has been thoroughly hacked to death here because for some of us (myself included) the application WAS NOT properly making this conversion for winter terms ONLY (but was working just fine for fall and spring terms). consequently, none of our winter terms were matching up with the proper fall and spring terms. but it sounds like it's working fine for you, so i wonder if the problem has been fixed?!?!

anyway, don't worry! the application is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing! just be sure to enter the proper calendar year for every term.

good luck!