cali programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flipflopsnsnow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have any thoughts about loma linda peds residency? oakland childrens? fresno?

Members don't see this ad.

I really liked my interview day at Fresno. Everyone seemed so nice and happy. The children's hospital is gorgeous... I think it's less then 10 years old. They seem really committed to education. They also said that UCSF faculty come out to lecture, and that you have the strength of the UCSF name behind you. Fresno sounds incredibly affordable for a city in California. I like that it's close to Yosemite and skiing, if I ever have any free time.

Some of the drawbacks included that you have to drive to multiple different sites for clinic, NICU, etc., and they might be kind of spread out. Fresno is not much of a city, from what I could tell. I think I might miss the nightlife and excitement of a more urban setting.

I haven't quite decided where to rank it yet...:confused:

I really liked my interview day at Fresno. Everyone seemed so nice and happy. The children's hospital is gorgeous... I think it's less then 10 years old. They seem really committed to education. They also said that UCSF faculty come out to lecture, and that you have the strength of the UCSF name behind you. Fresno sounds incredibly affordable for a city in California. I like that it's close to Yosemite and skiing, if I ever have any free time.

Some of the drawbacks included that you have to drive to multiple different sites for clinic, NICU, etc., and they might be kind of spread out. Fresno is not much of a city, from what I could tell. I think I might miss the nightlife and excitement of a more urban setting.

I haven't quite decided where to rank it yet...:confused:

Agree that the hospital is great, really first class. It is a fairly violent region compared with the rest of the state:scared: . Don't get me started on the summers there. As far as the sites being spread out it really does not take that long (~15min) to get from UMC or Community to Children's via the freeway, very little traffic most of the day and it is a smallish city c/w LA, SF, Sac, SoCal .