Cali

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Z

Zipperiezoo

I'm from CA, and I want to stay in CA for opto school. Which school is better, UCB or SCCO? Much of my family is still in Mexico, so SCCO would be closer to them, but I love San Fransisco. I guess I just want to know if the education at each is comparable.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't take this the way wrong, but it's matter if you can get into UCB or not. UCB is considerably harder to get into then UCB.

I don't think it's possible to say which school is "better" as every person will have a unique perspective.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not a school is "hard" to get into. Applying to, and getting accepted into any optometry school is a challenge of course, but if it's your goal in life, just go for it & be positive :)

As far as SCCO vs. UCB, I think the best thing to do is to visit both schools to see what they have to offer you (curriculum, clinic, location, etc) because they are pretty different! From there you should decide what factors are most important to you, and hopefully you'll be able to make a decision.

G'luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well some people get the impression that UCBSO is better just because it part of Berkeley, but its not necessarily true. Optometry schools aren't rated by some system. JI think visiting the schools would be best

I mentioned this in another forum topic, but i guess it would help in your situation.

Overall, Berkley is more known for their research while SCCO is widely known for their clinical experience.

Personally, Berkley is a lot cheaper (its public after all), but I like SCCO alot more. The clinic is amazing and the campus just gives me a better vibe.

But like Hoosier says, you just gotta visit the school and see what suits you.

I mentioned this in another forum topic, but i guess it would help in your situation.

Overall, Berkley is more known for their research while SCCO is widely known for their clinical experience.

Personally, Berkley is a lot cheaper (its public after all), but I like SCCO alot more. The clinic is amazing and the campus just gives me a better vibe.

But like Hoosier says, you just gotta visit the school and see what suits you.

i answered your other post. But to repeat Berkeley is no more researched focused then SCCO. We aren't required to do research in any way. Our clinicial experience is amazing - so let's stop thinking Berkeley = research, it's just not true.