Calif.Bench exam in Aug and NDBE part 2.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sumram

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan to take the bench exams in August and am preparing for my part 2 examinations rt. now. When is the latest that I can take my part 2 examinations to be able to make it on time for the filing period? Well,I've just started preparing so would like to postpone it to the maximum.Anybody else in the same boat? Kindly share ur thoughts on this.

When I called up the board they said they generally announce the filing dates 60 days prior to the exam, but as we all know it didn't happen that way for the May examinations,so do u guys think that they'll announce the filing dates 30 days in advance for the Aug exam too in which case we get some more time for the part 2..

Please advice...

Rgds,
sumram.

Members don't see this ad.

take NBDE part II right now, if you want a chance to be in Auguest exam!!!!

I am not kidding you, you can not imagine how many mistakes ADA will make and it will take forever for you to get the result. The stress level of missing filing period just by one or 2 days....
gosh....

Hi complete denture,

Did u have any ill experiences with the ADA? How long did they take to release ur scores if u have already taken ur part 2(computer based)....most of them say it doesn't take more than 2 weeks..so I'm giving a margin of 3 weeks before the "tentative filing date"( 60 days in advance of the Aug. exam)...

sumram.

Members don't see this ad :)
bad experiences...oh yah , with ADA, all I had were bad ones

first, they rejected my application, saying they didn't have my result, then I refiled again, the lady told me that in order to " transfer " file from one computer to another, it takes 2 WEEKS. Then I waited and waited, finally, 2 weeks passed and I called them again. They gave me the number to call Prometric. I called everyday, every one hour from 5AM pacific time (they are in Central time) until they close at 7pm for a week and half. No body found my file, I called back to ADA, first reply was" I don't work for Prometric, you are no longer under our control, you have to keep on calling, and don't call ADA!!!" I called again Prometric for another 2 days, and then called back ADA, another lady found it " abnormal. So she refiled my document to Prometric. AFter this, I called Prometric for another week, the same thing,no file found. everyday, at least 5-10 times each day....still Prometric didn't have my file. I called back ADA again, and the lady has found my file " REJECTED AGAIN" . I was really pissed and questioned the reason, she said, she didn't know why the first time and for the second time,it was some eligibility problem, which I learned later from Prometric that it'd be impossible for them to reject anyone, all they did was to take whatever the ADA gave them...( of course, all they care is to make money, how the hell willl they determine your eligibility, no to mention that I don't have any eligibility problem at all, unless over qualified!!!!!!!) so I kept on calling for another 4 days, and called back ADA in anger, asking for the manager, I demanded what has happened to my file. The lady told me that she'd watch my file for ANOTHER 48 hours, because of course, I was " rejected again".....and after this, finally, I called on Tuesday afternoon and was finally in Prometric system, I called SF center and took the exam the next day.....can you imagine that, a month of torment....
and until then, I still didn't have my confirmation letter, and that week, on Saturday, I received " AN APPLICATION FOR NBDE PART 1 in 2003" my husband and I were laughing and crying, couldn't say a single word....

and of course, if I didn't call them to trace my results. god knows how long they will take to process it...

if you count on ADA to be on time, you are playing fire, big one....

I know it sucks!! But think about the positive ... since prometric has no record of your taking the exam, you can retake the exam within 3 months ... which means in all likelihood there will be a lot of repeat questions!!

- tengu

Hi Tengu

I don't get what you are talking about, you should have finished reading my message before you replied

if one person doesn't have his data in Prometric Center, he/ she can't take the exam at all, none! What is that all about taking many times in 3 months? it is impossible, not to mention that I don't need to take more than one time to memorize the questions!!!

I am sorry I am a bit upset with your reply, if you were in my shoes, you wouldn't say something like that. It is not that I didn't think positive, it was just purely ridiculous.

I misunderstood your post and I mis-spoke. Since the thread is under RT exam, I thought they rejected your RT application because the part 2 result from prometric was missing. My apology. I thought you took the part 2 on the computer but somehow they have no record of it and you have to re-take again.

- tengu

Hi complete denture,

I can understand what a traumatic experience it must've been and how frustrated u r....but did u have any problems with ur results? How long did it take for them to release ur results?

Well, I first called up the prometric , they seem to have recd. my file...I hope no other problems crop up subsequently...

My app. form for the Aug exam is ready except for the finger printing...How do we go about the fingerpriting process?Kindly let me know...

thnks,

sumram.

Hi sumram,
All The Best for the part II exam....As far as finger printing is concerned you can get it done at any Mail Boxes Etc. with this service.
They charge around 30 $ for fingerprinting on both the cards....

My app. form for the Aug exam is ready except for the finger printing...How do we go about the fingerpriting process?Kindly let me know...

i got my finger printing done in LA at the Azusa college (a community college for like $20) prices vary a LOT ..

even SOME police stations do it .. but check with your local police station, they ususally do it once( or twice) a week and that too only for a few hours a day.. but atleast they give u information other locations near you where you can get it done .. also a 1-800 number for the closest locations ..

each location might have their own timings and prices .. so please check ..

thanks

Hi,

Could you tell me one thing.For appying for the Bench do we need the Degree certificate? What does Diploma mean does it mean Convacation certificate or just the Provisional degree certificate from the university?

Originally posted by txdentist

i got my finger printing done in LA at the Azusa college (a community college for like $20) prices vary a LOT ..

even SOME police stations do it .. but check with your local police station, they ususally do it once( or twice) a week and that too only for a few hours a day.. but atleast they give u information other locations near you where you can get it done .. also a 1-800 number for the closest locations ..

each location might have their own timings and prices .. so please check ..

thanks

it means that" one and only" original diploma you get when you finish school, it is usually given in a frame, and looks very fancy...

Hi

I understand what is original diploma that way but what I mean when u finish u r intenship u r given a certificate from college,when u submit it in the university they give another certificate called Provisional certificate.There is one more final cerificate given by the university that is fancy & given in a frame which is called convacation certificate.,but that is given only once a year on a specific day of the year.So that is why I wanted to know what Diploma means.does it mean the provisional certificate or the convacation certificate.So I wanted to know which certificate it is.If you r from I ndia u should be knowing it.

Originally posted by completedenture
it means that" one and only" original diploma you get when you finish school, it is usually given in a frame, and looks very fancy...

pick the one that says:
bla bla bla graduated from certain school in which year

and now owns a degree of doctor of dental surgery or some DMD.....and are entitled to practice dentistry...

Originally posted by Praveen
Hi

I understand what is original diploma that way but what I mean when u finish u r intenship u r given a certificate from college,when u submit it in the university they give another certificate called Provisional certificate.There is one more final cerificate given by the university that is fancy & given in a frame which is called convacation certificate.,but that is given only once a year on a specific day of the year.So that is why I wanted to know what Diploma means.does it mean the provisional certificate or the convacation certificate.So I wanted to know which certificate it is.If you r from I ndia u should be knowing it.

as complete denture mentioned, the diploma is the final certificate awarded to you. it might or not be fancy or framed as it depends on the university granting it to you. thats the one you need to send.

DONT send the provisional degree certificate ( its actually valid ONLY until you receive you final degree(diploma) certificate and I dont know why the dental schools or universitites dont take them back after giving us our degree certificate as its just another thing people get confused about)

Is it neccessary to notarize the signatures of Dean/Registrar on the original Board III form ?

Also, the application mentions that we can submit originals on returnable basis. Does this mean that NOTARIZATION is not neccessary ? Has anyone experience of sending the originals to Board and getting the application through.