California DO Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkeygirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these schools screen? Do you get a secondary as soon as your submit your AACOMAS (from your profile information) or do you only get it after AACOMAS is verified. So if I submitted AACOMAS this weekend, when would I expect to get CA secondaries?

thanks everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Touro says that they screen more strictly than do other schools (this is their justification for the higher secondary fee). My primary application took three weeks to get verified after submission. I would anticipate getting secondaries around a month after you submit your primary (assuming your transcripts are recieved before you submit the primary).

Members don't see this ad :)
Western screens. I just got my interview invite today, it came with a secondary. Anyone know how many get interviews and how many get accepted?

Monkeygirl said:
Does anyone know if these schools screen? Do you get a secondary as soon as your submit your AACOMAS (from your profile information) or do you only get it after AACOMAS is verified. So if I submitted AACOMAS this weekend, when would I expect to get CA secondaries?

thanks everyone!!

in my case, I was offered an interview without the secondary been completed. I still have to complete the secondary by the day of my interview. If your stats are good, they will offer your something

Just got the Western Secondary but no email invite with it. :luck: Good luck to all!

Monkeygirl said:

thanks everyone!!

here's the scoop i got from western..they do screen, as in 2.5 gpa min (i assume sci gpa) and no less than a 5 in each section of your MCAT...

take this with a huge grain of salt though in terms of indications for admission, since we all know each secondary is worth $$$.

i don't know about others, but i personally get peeved about schools with lax secondary screening standards. not accusing them of tossing your app to the side once it makes it through the admissions office door, but not exactly a great beacon of light either.

again, at least with COMP, seems like those who get interviewed pre-secondary fare best in terms of guessing their chances (obviously people with chunky stats).