1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

California DO Secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Monkeygirl, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Monkeygirl

Monkeygirl Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Does anyone know if these schools screen? Do you get a secondary as soon as your submit your AACOMAS (from your profile information) or do you only get it after AACOMAS is verified. So if I submitted AACOMAS this weekend, when would I expect to get CA secondaries?

thanks everyone!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dtrain5

dtrain5 Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Touro says that they screen more strictly than do other schools (this is their justification for the higher secondary fee). My primary application took three weeks to get verified after submission. I would anticipate getting secondaries around a month after you submit your primary (assuming your transcripts are recieved before you submit the primary).

4. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Western sort of screens. If they like you, you'll be offered interview before you complete your secondary.

5. rub1003

rub1003 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Western screens. I just got my interview invite today, it came with a secondary. Anyone know how many get interviews and how many get accepted?

6. Carmenita79

Carmenita79 Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

It looks like if you get an interview, there is a really good chance you will get in:

http://www.mdapplicants.com/schoolsummary.php?schoolid=162

7. Monkeygirl

Monkeygirl Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

8. sayoc

sayoc Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    in my case, I was offered an interview without the secondary been completed. I still have to complete the secondary by the day of my interview. If your stats are good, they will offer your something

9. FMR1

FMR1 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Just got the Western Secondary but no email invite with it. :luck: Good luck to all!

10. clement

7+ Year Member

here's the scoop i got from western..they do screen, as in 2.5 gpa min (i assume sci gpa) and no less than a 5 in each section of your MCAT...

take this with a huge grain of salt though in terms of indications for admission, since we all know each secondary is worth $$$.

i don't know about others, but i personally get peeved about schools with lax secondary screening standards. not accusing them of tossing your app to the side once it makes it through the admissions office door, but not exactly a great beacon of light either.

again, at least with COMP, seems like those who get interviewed pre-secondary fare best in terms of guessing their chances (obviously people with chunky stats).