California law and Ethics (DDS) Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brad-2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am from Georgia and we are trying to move to California. I tried this ethics exam yesterday and I failed. There is no resource for this. Could anyone please help me with how to study for this? it was all case base like this happened now what would you do.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm in the same boat, you're not alone!

I'm struggling to find resources myself, anyone have any advice please??

That's not the handbook the publish. It's called Dental Act or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I am taking that too. Do you have any sample questions or study guide ?!

I'm using 'embrasurespace' but everyone ik has failed it 1-2 times before passing...if anyone can help...please.....

This CE (resources are at the bottom including the dental practice act in full) should give you any and all study that you need.

Did anybody end up finding any good study materials other than the incredibly confusing and dense ENTIRE LAW CODE of California on the Dental Board's website? How do they expect me to read through thousands of clauses over hundreds of pages and memorize specific $ amounts for certain penalties? Insanity

I'm using 'embrasurespace' but everyone ik has failed it 1-2 times before passing...if anyone can help...please.....
Did you/"everyone you know" that failed end up passing eventually?

I failed the exam the first time, and passed it the second time. I ended up buying the embrasure space study guide and it filled in the holes of info that I didn’t have before taking the test the first time.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I failed the exam on Tuesday and they gave me the paper application for Re-examination.
It was funny how I asked PSI for the first time, they told me to send the paper to California Dental Board. I asked the Board, they said the eligibility will automatically sent to PSI in 5-7 days. I've not been able to re-sign up for retaking.
I asked PSI the second time, one of their employees told me to send the paper to their HQ in Vegas. Anyone who is retaking or did retake before? Can you please help me? I bought Embrassurespace to study but I felt like the questions were mostly scenario-based and it took longer than I expected. Thank you for helping me

Hi Mamadang, I passed last Thursday. It is not sufficient. I still remember some questions from it. If you email me I can share some more with you.
Best,
T

Members don't see this ad :)
This sounds rather ethical
Because knowing every single stupid law and regulation California implements in their 200 page lawbook is really something to worry about ethic's-wise? Get off your rather high horse

Because knowing every single stupid law and regulation California implements in their 200 page lawbook is really something to worry about ethic's-wise? Get off your rather high horse
Relax "big" guy.

I failed the exam on Tuesday and they gave me the paper application for Re-examination.
It was funny how I asked PSI for the first time, they told me to send the paper to California Dental Board. I asked the Board, they said the eligibility will automatically sent to PSI in 5-7 days. I've not been able to re-sign up for retaking.
I asked PSI the second time, one of their employees told me to send the paper to their HQ in Vegas. Anyone who is retaking or did retake before? Can you please help me? I bought Embrassurespace to study but I felt like the questions were mostly scenario-based and it took longer than I expected. Thank you for helping me
Hi, I just failed Ca Law and Ethics exam. The PSI center gave me a reexamination form to send to Ca Dental board. I mailed the form already to the board. Could I know what happened with you? Have the eligibility been sent automatically to PSI or I have to wait until receiving a note from the board (by mail) so I can re-sign up for retaking? So after how long you were able to retake the exam and how? Thank you so much.

Hi, I just failed Ca Law and Ethics exam. The PSI center gave me a reexamination form to send to Ca Dental board. I mailed the form already to the board. Could I know what happened with you? Have the eligibility been sent automatically to PSI or I have to wait until receiving a note from the board (by mail) so I can re-sign up for retaking? So after how long you were able to retake the exam and how? Thank you so much.
It is automatically sent. I sent you the message and it explained everything

Hey everyone! Has anyone found any useful info for studying? Thank you!

Hey everyone! Has anyone found any useful info for studying? Thank you!
I thought the Embrasure Space study guide was pretty good. I just took it a few days ago and I honestly didn't find it too hard. I had about 6 questions I was unsure about, the rest were straightforward. Some were very similar to what's on Embrasure Space so that was super nice. That said, I know people who failed the first time so it might just depend on the test you get.

Took and passed this last week, +1 to the embrasure space study guide as well as the documents the CDA has for the Dental Practice Act and Table of Permitted Duties, and the articles they have on specific topics when you're logged in

hello. I'll be taking the exam in 3 weeks. can you please share your sources? thank you

Question,

I mailed in my application about 8 weeks ago (from Canada), I have not heard back from them yet. How long did it take you guys to hear back from them?